UBS Financial Services Cyber Defence Engineer in Kraków, Poland
• Engineering of Splunk and Arcsight environment, understanding of deployment (possibly hands on) and level 3 support
• Develop source code and batch scripting.
• Software packaging and testing responsibilities as part of the SDLC processes.
• Research and document solution design specification and perform architectural engineering.
• Clarify and drive team goals on a technical level making sure that the solutions proposed and designed are in line with the department.
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
• Perform technical code reviews of peers to ensure that proper coding methodology is being adhered to
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will join the Cyber Defence Security Engineering team who are responsible for engineering related tasks as well as escalated production issues (level 3 support) covering a wide range of Cyber Defence related applications and solutions. The team is global and diverse with a broad spectrum of skills.
Your experience and skills:
• BS degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and/or 4+ years equivalent work experience.
• Experience with Splunk in particular log collection, system configuration and heavy forwarder configuration
• Experience in SIEM environment development based on the HP ArcSight ESM, Arcsight content development, Flex Connect development – 4+ years'
• Experience of security monitoring for database platforms, operating systems (UNIX / Windows /Linux)
• Arcsight event enrichment, aggregation, rule priority, parsing and categorization as well as on Arcsight deployment, configuration, upgrade and level 3 support
• Experience with scripting skills, such as Visual Basic, Java Script, Perl and/or shell scripting and/or.net development, C# a plus.
• Experience in producing technical documentation related to the engineering role
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to breakdown complex problems into actionable steps without over-simplification.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly desirable: experience within the Banking and finance sector. Ideally, having worked in a Security Architect, Security Engineering or similar function in a global Bank.
• Know-how in other security domain tools is of advantage
• Past experience with Vulnerability Management and Vulnerability products is of advantage
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 157907BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Cyber Defence Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)