UBS Financial Services Business Risk Manager Europe Domestic f/m in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Do you enjoy working in a broad and interdisciplinary role? Are you able to build and use a network to drive activities across functions, business areas and different locations?
We are looking for a person who is responsible:
• To drive consistency in the management of operational risks across Europe Domestic and to optimize risk management activities through realignment and centralization of certain tasks.
• To support the Head of Business Risk & Regulatory Management Europe Domestic to proactively identify risk exposures outside tolerance by using the technics of the UBS operational risk framework and assessment methodology; and define, track, drive, measure and report progress of risk mitigation measures (ORI management).
• To review and challenge the effectiveness of operational risk management, remediation activities, risk assessment process, KPCi assessments and the effectiveness of the control framework in Europe Domestic and in the Europe SE branches.
• To conduct a front to back risk assessment along operational risk taxonomies complementing with additional qualitative and quantitative indicators with potential impact on risks and/ or controls for Europe Domestic.
• To contribute to the constant improvement of the control framework and related key risk indicators and also participate in and contribute to risk and regulatory projects as per the overall team planning.
• To stay abreast on regulatory development and pro-actively support assessment and communication of operational and strategic impact.
• To coordinate the risk agenda and closely collaborated with the related functions and help facilitate best in class risk reporting.
• To administrate and execute risk governance meetings and respective management information, incl. action tracking and follow-ups.
• To pro-actively cooperate with stakeholders outside Europe Domestic (FIM/ UHNW etc.) in terms of (inter alia) information exchange, timely escalation of material risk events, deteriorating risk profiles and maintaining processes to ensure stakeholder approval where required.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be part of the Business Risk & Regulatory Management team Europe Domestic which covers several countries and markets. Work-base is Frankfurt am Main.
Your experience and skills:
• Years of experience in risk management, compliance, operational risk or internal audit
• A comprehensive understanding of wealth management business and the regulatory requirements
• strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
• Passion for efficient, timely and professional delivery of pragmatic and practicable solutions
• Reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
• Self-starter who is able to work both independently and within a team
• An excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• fluent in English, German (spoken and written), any other language will be a strong asset
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 157772BR
Business Divisions: Wealth Management
Title: Business Risk Manager Europe Domestic f/m
City: Frankfurt am Main
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Germany
Function Category: Business management, administration and support