UBS Financial Services Product Controller in Chicago, Illinois
Job Reference #:
Are you a master of F2B controls? Do you thrive in a busy environment? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Learn the various trading strategies and financial products through on the job learning, informal discussions with traders, risk management and operational personnel, and formal in house courses.
• Obtain an understanding of the transaction process from trade origination to settlement across various exchange traded and over the counter products.
• Prepare, review and analyze daily net profit and loss information from the settlement/accounting systems, risk systems, data sources and administrator reports.
• Review and analyze any exceptional/unusual issues or items through discussions with desk, operational and other product control personnel as required.
• Liaise with trading, risk control, operations, finance and control, business development and front and back office groups in Chicago, New York & London.
• For certain trading strategies, work closely with the trading desk in the daily valuation of their book.
• Obtain an understanding of the NAV allocation and calculation process as well as the legal structure of the various funds. Assist in the review of the NAV’s monthly and preparation of weekly NAV estimates.
• Assist with audit queries at interim and preparation and review of year-end financial statements.
• Prepare monthly client reporting for the various funds related to performance and portfolio transparency.
• Assist in regulatory reporting management process
Country / State:
United States - Illinois
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
UBS is a world leader in hedge funds through its Hedge Fund Solutions and O'Connor businesses within Asset Management. The single manager hedge fund business, UBS O'Connor LLC, has $5.2 billion in invested assets (as at 1 June 2017). The business is headed by Kevin Russell on the investment side with staff located in Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
The Single Manager Product Control group falls under the Chief Operating Officer for UBS Asset Management. The team currently has an opportunity for an individual to join located in the Chicago office. This position would be responsible for preparation and analysis of daily trading profit and loss and management reports for the various trading strategies and funds. This process requires an in depth familiarity with the settlement/accounting and the risk management systems and a high level of interaction with operations and IT. Also, the position will assist with the monthly valuation of our trading portfolios and with the review process of the monthly NAV’s and allocations prepared by the Fund Administrators for our various funds, in addition to preparation in conjunction with the administrator of the year-end financial statements and tax reporting for the funds. The position also will be responsible for the creation and/or review of portfolio and performance reporting distributed to clients as well as preparation of data for use in regulatory reporting. The business operates across both private and public funds as well as private equity style offerings.
Investments traded include exchange and non-exchange traded stock, options, futures, convertible bonds, fixed income securities, bank loans, OTC options, equity swaps, credit default swaps, Interest Rate swaps, ETF’s and other related financial engineered products (e.g. FX/Rate products) as well as private lending. Investments are traded across domestic and international markets and across a variety of trading strategies.
Your experience and skills:
• Highly motivated, dedicated, energetic, flexible, capability to be proactive, strong time management skills.
• Undergraduate degree: Preferably Accounting/Finance related.
• Detail oriented.
• Strong analytical skills
• Comfortable dealing with numerical data and managing large quantities of data.
• Proficient in Excel in a Windows environment.
• 3-5 years experience in public accounting or asset management or experience in a finance function. Preferably with experience in the hedge fund or financial services businesses. A CPA or progress towards a CPA preferred.
• Some exposure to fund accounting preferred.
• Some exposure to equity/equity derivative/fixed income products preferred.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?