UBS Financial Services Fund Accounting and Regulatory Policies Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Are you a motivated self-starter? Do you have experience in the fund administration business and are you knowledgeable with regulations associated with registered mutual funds and other similar products? Are you able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet target deadlines? Do you enjoy research? We’re looking for someone like that to join our team:
– Ensure fund accounting policies are appropriate and consistently applied across the Fund complex.
– Ensure financial statement disclosures are in accordance with GAAP and consistently applied across the Fund complex.
– Assume a lead role for coordinating and organizing the implementation of regulatory changes impacting the Funds.
– Coordinate, participate and conduct due diligence reviews on third party services providers (e.g., custodian/accounting agent/administrator and sub-advisors) and be responsible for writing the review reports regarding the results of those meetings.
– Assist in monitoring and reviewing service level metrics and key performance indicators of service providers holding them accountable for quality services.
– Design processes, procedures and controls for monitoring shadow accounting records against the Fund's official accounting records at the custodian banks.
– Lead other ad hoc projects as they arise
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We are in the process of starting to build out a team in the UBS Asset Management office located in Chicago, and this role will be the first to be filled in that location. You will be part of the Registered Fund Product Control team that is currently based in New York. We are part of the COO business for UBS Asset Management. The team is responsible for oversight and control of mutual funds and mandates, ensuring that operational standards provided by all external service providers meet all accounting/regulatory and service level agreement requirements. In this role, you will work independently reporting into a line manager located in New York but be included as part of the overall COO team based in Chicago. You will also have a chance to collaborate and interact with different internal/external teams involved in the business, including Portfolio Managers, Transfer Agent, Custodian/Accounting Agent and Auditors.
Our offer is an ideal way to continue to expand and enhance your work experience in the fund administration business. It is also a chance to work with and learn from some of our talented people in Product, Operations, Legal & Compliance and Sales.
Your experience and skills:
– A university degree with a major in accounting, finance or economics
– Prior experience in Fund Administration (5 years minimum preferred or a CPA)
– Strong knowledge of the financial services industry and regulatory environment
– A detailed understanding of Fund reporting requirements
– Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook.
– Well organized and able to multi-task
– Ability to independently perform research and present findings in clear, concise manner
– Highly motivated with can-do attitude
– Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written
– Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering all on time
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 147879BR
Business Divisions: Asset Management
Title: Fund Accounting and Regulatory Policies Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Illinois
Function Category: Finance