UBS Financial Services Fixed Income Quantitative Research Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Are you excited about learning and developing quantitative tools and solutions? Are you interested in the fixed income investments? Can you program and understand quantitative models and tools? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Advance the quantitative research agenda: alpha modelling, portfolio construction and risk management
• Work with I.T., or otherwise, to design and develop the quantitative research infrastructure/platform to support ongoing development and testing of research ideas and models and deployment to end-users/stakeholders.
• Work closely with the investment teams to develop models for identifying and evaluating investment opportunities and as well hedging strategies
• Work with team members to periodically review, assess and enhance existing models
• Support the fixed income business with quantitative analysis and analytics
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Fixed Income Quantitative Research team in Chicago. Working closely with portfolio managers and analysts, quantitative research provides actionable investment ideas to teams globally.
Your experience and skills:
– a university degree in an analytical field like engineering, mathematics, accounting or finance with an outstanding academic record
– 2 years of quantitative modeling and/or programming experience
– strong programming skills (Matlab or R, VBA and SQL)
– a strong appetite to learn all aspects of applied quantitative research within fixed income
– intellectually curious, accountable and data driven
– strong team-player with cooperative can-do attitude
– able to challenge the status quo and suggest viable alternative approaches
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 157275BR
Business Divisions: Asset Management
Title: Fixed Income Quantitative Research Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Illinois
Function Category: Quantitative Analysis